Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Problem with Vicki 2

egaeus opened this issue on May 18, 2001 ยท 19 posts

Jaager posted Fri, 18 May 2001 at 3:33 PM

Now, there are a couple of issues here, some that I will need help with. I have been using MM4 and its "combine morphs' function for this. But V2 is really set up for FBM/PBM and the morph settings do not show on the dials, so I am not sure that MM4 recognizes the settings done by FBM. If it was just FBM, you could set the individual dials by hand abd turn off the FBM dial. The PBM mess this up. You need the control morph as well as the slaves with PBM. When you set the control, you set the slaves, so you can not turn the control off, but if you do not, and also set the slaves by hand, you get twice the effect you want. The only way to do this is to set the limit on the slave to the setting that you want and hope that "forcelimits" is at least set at "1" if not "4". Poser has a function "Spawn morph". I have not used it, because I have had trouble saving morphs out of Poser and altering them in RDS ( those morphs just blew up when i tried them). I think if you do a Spawn morph for every group involved, it will make a new dial for you, and it will be a combination morph - including the FBM/PBM. Save this CR2 with its own name (this is a intermediate backup, incase you blow it later on.) Then open the Hierarchy editor and you can delete the construction morphs, and just keep your combination morph (You do want to keep - JCM, fixes, position, and expression morphs though.) The Hierarchy is tricky, in that the first time you go to a group, it will stop at the group name. You have to click more than once. Just make sure where you are. It walks down the branches one level at a time. Also click on the morph icon, not the name, otherwise all you delete is the name and that is a bitch to fix. If all goes well, save it over the other one you just saved, or with a new name, open it test it and then delete the intermediate CR2. MM4 will delete for you, CR2Edit will. But short of using a text editor and scrolling with the shift key down, I know of no way of deleting morphs, except one by one.