Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Shrek graphics are great but the whole animation and story is too Kiddy,, why??

tebop opened this issue on May 18, 2007 · 74 posts

igohigh posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 8:33 PM

Quote - you guys!   You made me try and google some stuff about anime ;)
I found what's written on wikipedia quite interesting.  From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime#Current_reception_in_the_United_States

Current reception in the United States

AnimeNation’s John Oppliger had this to say on the matter:

According to AC Nielsen, Pixar's The Incredibles sold 16 million copies on DVD in America last year. Shark Tale sold nearly 10 million copies. Even the DVD release of Bambi sold 6 million copies in 2005. In comparison, ALL Four Inuyasha movies COMBINED have sold just over 1 million copies in the past year and a half. Evidently, the success of anime in America is very relative. American anime fans are very devoted. Through underground means hardcore American fans now have access to brand new Japanese anime before even many Japanese residents do. America's anime fan community is influential because it's affluent, intelligent, and motivated; but it's not very large.[10]

—20px, 20px

Hmmm, numbers there look a bit Sqewed perhaps....?
Just a thought, but if Bambi sold 6 MILLION in just 2005 and the anime flick took 4 "combined" to just hit a mere 1 million in a year PLUS 6 more months....I think people still like good old fashion cartooning with skilled artists over the chop-sockie cut-n-paste bubble eyed anime.

hmmm, 6 million in just one single year...many many years AFTER its release -or- just a mere 1 million in a year and a half on its first year of release....If you ask me it anime still has a LONG LONG time to prove it can come anywhere near good old American cartooning.

Come back in 20 or 30 years and tell me how the sales hold up, and does anyone even still remember them....can you go downtown and say one of the anime's characters name to the average Joe on the street and do they even know who your talking about....I think Shrek will live long and prosper just as Bambi and Thumper has endured the ages.....

just my take on the so-called "internet poll"

....oh, and did that poll that praises anime mention that The Indredibles only came out a couple years ago - and **Already hit 16 Million!??
**hmmm, (four 'combined' equal just 1 million in 1.5 years or  just one equal 16 million in 2 years) I think I'll invest in American CGI over anime any day