Forum: Community Center

Subject: Notification Upon Removing A "Favorite Artist" ?

kathym opened this issue on May 22, 2007 · 20 posts

chimera46 posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 10:02 PM

I like to keep a relatively lean list myself and from time to time delete artists who haven't posted in a while (say, a year), though I've never gotten any PMs asking for an explanation.

I'd prefer not to give them an e-bot when I remove them, as I'd rather not have to tell them:  "No No, I still like you, I just happen to have a personality quirk that makes me want to only list artists who are CURRENTLY posting" since it seems like a shoddy excuse, despite being true.

While it would be nice to get the feedback when/if someone removes me from their list, I would find it difficult to trust as someone may not want to say "You've lost your edge" to avoid hurting someone's feelings/making an enemy. This could be fuelled also by an artist looking up who remains on someone's list after they've been removed, and thinking "i'm better than artist X, why weren't they deleted instead of me?"

Finally, sometimes someone may just want to trim up their fav images list (which in some ways it like a personal mini gallery), and won't want to say "you're good, just not THAT good" to someone they take off the list.

Not that on the balance of things Ebots for a favourites cancellation is a bad idea, but there's some issues to consider that haven't been raised in this thread.

Just my 2 cents.

The strong do as they can while the weak do as they must.