Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is poser held to a higher standard?

kobaltkween opened this issue on May 18, 2007 · 102 posts

KeremGogus posted Wed, 23 May 2007 at 1:19 PM

Hello friends,

I am always trying to stay away from that kind of discussions about which 3D software is the "best" - especially on forums like cgtalk.

Well, as I Vue D'esprit user I can say same thing happened to me too. I posted my work to some forums and get insulting feedback because I noted that I used Vue.

Now Industrail Light & Magic used Vue on Deaman's Chest and every shutted their big mounth about it. CGtalk had to open a section for the software  and Gnomon prepared a basic training DVD for Vue.

Same will happen to Poser too. People getting tired about extremely complex interfaces.

I learned Maya - actaully after a year, still learning. But when I need figures to me scenes I am still using Poser. Also I still couldn't figure out everything about organic human head and body modeling. And I just bought "Secrets Of Poser Experts" book and after I saw the work there I decided to use Poser more...

I also used Poser on a musicians Video too

http://artofkerem.sitesled.com/isis.htm

Because we needed a female character and I am the only 3D guy on the team and I need to "solve" this. So what's important here is the result not the tool...