Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is poser held to a higher standard?

kobaltkween opened this issue on May 18, 2007 ยท 102 posts

SeanMartin posted Thu, 24 May 2007 at 8:04 AM

Would not Post a Poser Render at CGTalk for any reason what so ever. I have. Successfully. People commented a bit on some minor details, but overall the reaction was very favourable. Did I mention it was a Poser render? Nope, because I wanted to see what would happen when folks looked at the final result, not the tool. True, there are times when a Poser render is pretty blatant about being a Poser render, but that's immaterial in my book. All that matters -- here and at any other site -- should be the final work. If people find out after the fact that it's Poser, they seem pleasantly surprised, which is as it should be. Look at it this way: I used to do work that exclusively used the P4 guy, and folks were convinced it was Michael. It all came down to the texturing I made for it and the morphs I'd constructed, but under it alll, it was still the P4 guy, polygon-created eyebrows and all. But the Michael snobs were sometimes amazed that I could mimic (or exceed) their favourite toy. It's all in the tools. 'Nuff said.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider