Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is poser held to a higher standard?

kobaltkween opened this issue on May 18, 2007 · 102 posts

mertext posted Fri, 25 May 2007 at 1:34 PM

Quote -
This thread, while being very informative, has kinda shut down alot of motivation towards making new things in Poser. By asking specifically if people feel Poser is looked down on by other app users, it makes those of us that still mainly use this app feel 'less than worthy' and is really a depressing subject. 

I know it was not intended that way but think of the newbies. The people who are going to help our artistic community to grow. You were a newbie once, do you remember how it feels?

Remember that this was a discussion of why the "industry Standard" applications look down on poser. but Poser wasn't really created to be an Industry standard tool. Can you learn the basics from Poser. YES! Is it always used. NO! Poser allows you to set up rigging, lighting just like in other applications, its just that many users just use the prefabbed items they installed into the application. But somone had to amke the prefabs. Yes my niche isnt in rendering , I use 3DStudio Max for making props , clothes and other items FOR Poser. Why , because its a fun app that allows me to create and make wonderful images in my spare time as a hobby. Do I anticipate becoming the next ILM prospect , NO. Or to have Pixar beating on my door wanting me to come work for them, NO. But I do expect to have fun continuing to create what I want. I have the added advantage of having access to some of the tools out there to create what I need. And the benifit to a community like Renderosity , is we as artists often work together to help each other out, something you WONT find as often in themainstream application communities. If you as an artist need a certain item for your scene, this is one place you can go and say "anyone know where i can get a..." and you will either get a link to a resource , be it free or a small fee (small as in compared to maintream apps price) or somone will pop up and offer to MAKE it for you for nothing, Countless times I have spoeken to somone in chat here who needed something simple, and I would pop into Max , whip it up and send it off to them same day. You will not find that type of community support for the other type of applicaitons.

So do NOT be discouraged because you have chosen to learn poser, be glad, because you are a memeber of one of the best 3d communities available.

aka MCDLabs
also known as Daniel Merrill a grumpy old disabled Jarhead.
checkout my freebies at
https://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=mcdlabs