Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is poser held to a higher standard?

kobaltkween opened this issue on May 18, 2007 · 102 posts

kobaltkween posted Fri, 25 May 2007 at 3:51 PM

pardon, not to disagree in the slightest, but isn't the polycount the figures, not the app?  i mean, apollo is quite reasonable.  in a related issue, could you explain the functional difference between smoothing and subdivision? i'm curious.  i'm sure it exists but,  like the difference between global illumination and ibl, i need it explained to me.

actually, i've been thinking of a separate thread.  i've definitely reached the limits of what poser 6 can do for me.  i had been thinking p7 until pjz99, who had been saying great things, just gave up on firefly.  so it's time to stop spending on content and start saving for another app.  i've been thinking of getting people's opinions on midrange (priced) apps.  c4d is definitely out of that category (sniff, sniff- it's the most interesting to me).  do you think it's worth it to ask here? 

on they other hand, maybe i should just use d|s, since i'm interested in painting, too.  but i love sss, and  playing with lights and materials, so i don't just want to paint over everything.   i'm not sure what to do.  i'd be very interested in advice.