Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want critiques?

KarenJ opened this issue on Mar 21, 2007 ยท 1211 posts

fivecat posted Fri, 25 May 2007 at 5:00 PM

Rutra> Quote - Or maybe a new option should be created on Rendo: "Only non-critical comments welcomed".

Well, I think that ought to be the default. You should have to change that option to "critical and non-critical comments welcome." This small change and some common sense would render this club redundant. > Quote - Regarding the obligation to post a comment: if i'm ever obliged to post comments, than i'm out of this group.

I'm not sure anyone has stood up in favor of obligation. In fact I am trying to alert the group that the unwelcome sense of obligation may be enhanced by the current ebot system, where people see an inbox that is both a reminder of the hundreds of deserving images they haven't commented on, and an opportunity to start counting and conceiving imbalances in participation. This may be silly or unreasonable in your opinion, but I think it is a real psychological effect, which can be minimized by a change in method. The fact is, good people are leaving. To me, this is not a good thing. If you think this means I take it too seriously, so be it. I too wanted it to be fun and productive and am hoping common sense will prevail before it all goes away.