Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want critiques?

KarenJ opened this issue on Mar 21, 2007 ยท 1211 posts

Rutra posted Fri, 25 May 2007 at 5:41 PM

jjroland quote: "I mean this is a mythological being, if you want to imagine zeus with boobs and 80s hair you can."

Sure! We are in a free world and the artist must have a free mind. But you must accept that who ever writes a critique is also free to write his opinion that he feels that Zeus with boobs is ridiculous. Both the artist and the viewer are free. The artist is, of course, also free to agree with the critique or not.

People in Rendo are generally very open minded. After all, we do see lots of images of people flying, fairies, angels, strange worlds, etc. But if someone makes a cube and calls it a fairy, the viewer is allowed to say, at least, that it should have wings... Or suggest that the artist should call it a cube instead of calling it a fairy. That's an opinion and we are free to express it.

Because, jjroland, as you know, it was me who wrote that comment to Ladonna about calling it something else. You probably forgot to complete the quote of what i wrote, which was:
"I like the picture, in general. But maybe it would help if you would not call her "Nike", as many of us have in our minds a very different idea of the goddess. "

A quote inside the context is always nicer... :-)