Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want critiques?

KarenJ opened this issue on Mar 21, 2007 · 1211 posts

Tiari posted Fri, 25 May 2007 at 6:40 PM

**Anniebel: ** You can do as suggested above, and tick off being notified when someone posts an image, and when you get time to and feel like it, go down your favorites list and just check the their galleries for new postings.  That might make it easier on you.

**Ladonna: ** Don't get disheartened when people post their opinion.  There's an old saying "Opinions are like *ssholes, everyone's got one". ha!   In any case, their posting an opinion is simply that, you can read it and just move on.  At the very minimum, do feel pride they felt moved to view your art and take their time out (however misguided) to make a comment, good, bad, or indifferent.     Sadly, when you make an artistic interpretation of a mythological or legendary figure, some just "view" it the way that either A:  they've seen it, or B: (and be careful here in judging opinion too harshly) it might be a native thing to them.   With your nike image, which I havent gotten a chance to comment on but just looked at, its not what I "expected" Nike to look like either.  This is not saying you don't have a right to paint it any way you want, but when you take an "engrained" figure, and change it, you are welcoming and luring in "opinion" against the expected figure.

Here's an example.  Today (forgive me i forget the artist) there was an image up very "KKK" clansman.   The image though meant to be the opposite SEEMS PRO KKK, but it is not.  I had commented my opinion, and WHY i had that opinion.  Because the main figure is flipping the bird at you.    Its a visual thing of expectation, when one flips the "bird".... one expects that as an agressive act.

I can relate to you, as I've done a Valkyrie, Joan of Arc, and other such figures, and get the occassional "she should have this" or "Your joan of arc is too pretty, she's supposed to be ugly".  Just brush by those, as you cant change someone's opinion..... or indelibly their right to want you to know it LOL