Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Rules for Content Providers (yes, I'm looking at you)

Keith opened this issue on May 11, 2007 · 124 posts

Tiari posted Wed, 30 May 2007 at 3:06 PM

If everything were miraculously fixed, and merchants adhered strictly to a uniform naming system (couldnt make that a law though) some "genius" would in  a year (who's new to merchanting) would realize using "!" would put them on the top, and the ratrace would begin again. lol.   I have noticed a trend with the !, *, and +++ at the begining of item names to get it higher on the list, it comes and goes, like the wind.

I'm simple, maybe a dullard, I dont know, but I know how i like things.  I like items (free or purchased) to come with a distinct useable directory to automatically unzip to in their right prospective spots!  The correct folder names, and the correct directories, but I'd LOVE to see these dissapear:

MYDOCUMENTS/poser4 (or 5, 6, 7)/Runtime..... so on so fourth
OR  a completely BLANK file structure, with minimal to NO explanation (in easy english) where to put the stuff!

I can't tell you how many items I have, free or purchased, where i get regularly "obj not found", and I cant use the item!   Now I'm sure I could get a laundry list how to fix this, move the item to where it belongs or WORSE........ how to edit the CR2..... but, pardon me, why should I have to know any of that?  Why can't it be where it belongs in the first place!!!!

Just asking :)

And to Connikat......  here's my suggestion for naming something.  In the past "Joes freebies" doesnt help me six months from now.  I'll know on the day i download it its a toilet bowl, for instance, but when i'm looking for a toilet bowl in a month, six months, a year....... I'll have no clue its in there!

So if I were giving away a free (or purchased) toilet bowl I'd name the folder in figures or props....

Kirins Toilet    ..... alternately you could make a subdirectory, "kirin's freebies/kirins toilet".  Though the first makes it easier lol.  Just a suggestion.