Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Rules for Content Providers (yes, I'm looking at you)

Keith opened this issue on May 11, 2007 ยท 124 posts

kalon posted Wed, 30 May 2007 at 5:54 PM

Lot's of good suggestions in this thread, but I didn't see my particular pet peeve mentioned...

Thumbnails. In theory they are supposed to visually represent the item, you know, so I don't have to load it to tell what the item is... I have gotten packages- purchased, where the vendor decided to create an icon that visualized their "company" name, and used the same thumbnail for every component in the package. That tells me nothing, except that you took a short cut that's not workable for me. In one case, the package consisted of magical effects, each with a catchy "magical" name that told me exactly zip about what it looked like... useless.

Another was a product brokered through DAZ, a clothing set that featured the figure in silhouette, where the shirt thumbnail, for instance had the other clothing items blacked out and the shirt highlighted by being in color. Okay, good, I know it's a shirt. Good, I know what package it came from and the name of the vendor. Bad, I may want to use the shirt with somethng else, but aside from knowing it's a shirt, I have no idea what the shirt looks like.

Mainly, I'd just like it if content providers packaged content as if they actually use Poser. And before someone counters with D|S, these issues predate D|S and further if you are a merchant, you are getting my Poser dollars by claiming your product is compatible with Poser.

kalonart.com