Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser rooms or scenes, what is wanted?

Damsel opened this issue on May 31, 2007 · 58 posts

bagginsbill posted Fri, 01 June 2007 at 8:23 PM

Operaguy - no problem posting my render.Always feel free to show my forum attachments anywhere.

Couple thoughts:

1. The "camera window" idea is not difficult at all. Go into the shader for the wall and load a plain jpeg file into an Image_Map node. Turn off the tiling so there is only of these squares. Now reduce the X and Y scale - make sure the background on the Image_Map is white. You now have an adjustable size black rectangle. You can move it around with the offset parameters. Plug this into the Transparency input of the root node. Set Transparency_Falloff to 0. Where the black is, the wall will be invisible. If you're using specular, plug this into the Specular_Value as well.

2. Just to clarify - I am accomplishing "round edges" using shaders to create displacement of the surface. All my objects are sharp-edged boxes, with absolutely flat faces. This technique can be applied to any existing hard-edged prop, including the Poser Box primitive. In the render operaguy posted, everything you saw was a Poser Box.

3. When I release my finished wood shader (really coming along nicely) I will also include free props for flat doors, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, and 12 panel doors, french doors with glass, door frames, windows, window frames, window sills, base board, crown molding, chair rails, picture frames, wall mirrors, kitchen cabinets china cabinets, kitchen counter tops, floor cabinets with drawers, various home and office desks, credenza, bookshelf, armoire, bureau, panelled walls, hardwood floors, softwood (wide pine) floors, cofee tables, dining tables, and a few other goodies. I'm sort of pulling your leg here - I've made every one of those things out of Poser boxes. It's all done in the shader.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)