Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser rooms or scenes, what is wanted?

Damsel opened this issue on May 31, 2007 ยท 58 posts

bagginsbill posted Sat, 02 June 2007 at 1:10 PM

OG:

Yes in preview the wall would still be opaque, but in render, with part of it marked transparent it would disappear. Although frankly its probably simpler to just make that whole wall transparent.

I'm assuming that each wall has its own material zone. If it doesn't, its 2 minutes work to assign those polys to a new mat zone using the group tool.

For my work on wood, I've taken a poser box and assigned a different material to each face. Front, Back, Top, Bottom, Left, Right. Now it's easy to assign different shaders to each face for special effects. For example, a kitchen cabinet gets flat wood on Left, Right, Bottom, no shader needed on Top and Back (hidden surfaces) and a panel shader on the front to make the fake door.

Only thing is that you have to use MC6 files to assign multiple mats - mat pose files don't work on standalone props. Unfortunate, because wood shaders take a long time to load their preview. Being forced to go into the material room just so I can double click a material collection is stupid. Poser should display the material collection library at all times, just like the pose, figure, or props libraries.

There's really no point in being forced to endure visiting the material room just to load an existing material collection on a prop. EF should fix this in a patch.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)