Forum: Community Center

Subject: New Thumbnail Policy - Please read

StaceyG opened this issue on Jan 22, 2007 · 423 posts

danamongden posted Sun, 03 June 2007 at 2:20 PM

Stacey,

I take your point on the prioritization.  I know how that goes, and I don't know enough to comment on the right balance for your business.

However, I do believe that my suggestion is much closer to the answer than the current situation.  As it is, the "temporary" pulling of an image may as well be deletion since by the time time the situation is resolved, the comment window has largely passed.  That is, if the image is offline for 6-24 hours, it generally receives far fewer comments from our peers, which is probably the main reason we're here.

Perhaps having "thumbnail under review" icons would make the galleries look unprofessional, but you should balance that against what many artists have complained is an extreme punishment in the enforcement of a policy that is by demonstration nebulous.  (I say that because despite your protestations that it's quite clear, there continue to be cases of enforcement when the artists felt they were in compliance.)  It seems that every month, one of my favorite artists packs up and leaves over such policies as this.  Perhaps that's a result you can live with, but it doesn't send a good message about this being a good artist community.