Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is postwork a dirty word?

ashley9803 opened this issue on Jun 11, 2007 · 93 posts

Tiari posted Mon, 11 June 2007 at 6:49 PM

I actually HATE the word "postwork".   Why?  Postwork is a general term slapped on any artist that uses poser for any reason.......   so what i do is classified as postwork?   Postwork??  Er...... no.     I really find insult a lot of times in someone saying i am trying to "unposerify" an image, when i used poser only as a basic structure sketch and spent two months airbrushing, in yes, photoshop with a wacom.

People actually argue with me saying I can't call it "painting" because it has a poser "core".  And because by some technical aspect, photoshop doesn't have physical "paint".

Some can actually get beautiful straight up renders out of poser.  Kudos to them!   However, oh, a good 80 percent can't.  There are some images I see, where i wish ...... yes wish, that they WOULD postwork.

Do I use photoshop effects?  Yes.  Do I use poser?  Yes.   Do I try to hide its "poserness".......  well..... yes and no.  

I use poser for what it was actually ....... deep breath deep breath MADE FOR!  As a model when there is lack of a LIVE MODEL.   Thats what its made for.  But now, if you use it, you aren't a painter anymore....... sheesh.

I will continue to postwork images within an inch of their life..... (I know you didnt mean me specifically pjz99 lol, just the same fitting phrase), if thats what digital painting is called these days :)