Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Questions about FaceShop

gagnonrich opened this issue on Jun 08, 2007 · 63 posts

LostinSpaceman posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 2:11 PM

Quote - > Quote - Well let me explain it for you then shall I? First off, I haven't "Ripped it apart"! I've pointed out three of the many instances where the software crashed on me repeatedly when I too bought it fresh out of the public release gates. All three of those instances and many others could have been avoided with proper error trapping routines. Things that should have been put in the program before a public release of the software. If proper beta testing had been done they would have caught most of those bugs and done so.

Eh, you ripped on the software. And you assume that it was the fault of the programmers for your shortcomings with the program. What you are referring to as "bugs" aren't necessarily that. A bug is consistently repeatable across multiple systems. As I've said, I've yet to experience ANY of the issues you've brought up. There goes the consistency.

Dude! You assume something here that you have no facts to base it upon. You assume, I only had these problems on ONE computer setup. You assume WRONG! I happen to have tried the software on 4 completely different desktop computers and 1 laptop. All completely different manufacturer's and was able to verify the exact same errors on each machine! 

When an error can be verified and repeated. It's a bug! That's not bad luck or a shortcoming on my part. That's the software. Plain and simple! Just because your expeirience was good doesn't negate the bugs I and many others found and reported!

I was scouring the forums for others experiences while I was having my own and I witnessed MANY other repeatable and verifiable bugs from others experienceing the exact same issues and more that I wasn't having. The bugs I reported are factual bugs and were even acknowledged as bugs by the people who wrote the software whom I reported them to. Reporting known bugs on the forums is not "Ripping" on the software. It's sharing your experiences with the software and finding others who do or do not share that experience. Nothing more nothign less.

I don't have anything personal against the software writers and am not making any personal slurs against them. I'm merely pointing out what happened in my experience and stated my opinion on it. I look forward to them getting it right so that I can eventually join you in your bliss once they have the bugs worked out. You don't like that and that's fine. That's your right. 

You accuse me of putting words in your mouth when I used teh words "all", "we" and "us", ok, so I painted with a broad brush based on the experiences of many others that I read in public and it doesn't happen to include your experience. Oh well, I obviously don't speak for everyone, but I do speak for the vocal many who shared in my experiences and publically posted as much. 

I'm not out to stop anyone from buying the software. In fact, I look forward to a stable and viable version and I will spend my hardbacks on it again at that time. I don't however feel like betatesting anyone elses software at my expense. I've been a betatester and a programmer. I don't care to do that job on an unpaid basis again. Thanks!