Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is postwork a dirty word?

ashley9803 opened this issue on Jun 11, 2007 · 93 posts

stormchaser posted Tue, 12 June 2007 at 2:14 PM

** Tiari - I think your post was pretty much spot on. I too see alot of images here that just need a little postwork to get rid of those imperfections. Even though some of these imperfections are slight, the human eye detects them & the image loses it's value, in my opinion anyway. This is not to say some artists work is perfect, I don't think anyone can get perfection, but even just a few minutes in postwork can make all the difference.

thixen - I like the idea of that tutorial. I think it would make some people change their perception on postwork, knowing that just small touchups can improve their final image.

I must mention the most commented/rated section in the galleries. They are in general a farce. Yes, I love to see some of the great work there, but I'm sick of seeing the very average renders with so many flaws in them with loads of 'friends' comments on them. Please, let the cream rise to the top, so many great artists get unnoticed. When I have the time I will search through the galleries & it's amazing what little gems you find that have largely gone unnoticed.**