Forum: Bryce

Subject: OT: Interesting Argument About Global Warming

Analog-X64 opened this issue on Jun 13, 2007 · 52 posts

UVDan posted Fri, 15 June 2007 at 4:06 PM Forum Moderator

**THE FOLLOWING IS THE PERSONAL OPINON OF UVDan AND DOES NOT REFLECT THE POLICIES OF RENDEROSITY OR IT'S MODERATORS.

I AM NOT A LIBERAL.  Let's just get that out of the way right off the bat.

The term global warming is kind of misleading because the whole solar system seems to be heating up at the moment.  I am a big fan of the cyclical argument.  That is that the Earth (and other planets) go through natural cycles of heating and cooling.  I also believe that massive amounts of co2 are spewed naturally into the air by the planet daily that dwarfs our own co2 emissions.  However it has been fairly proven to me that the gasses and other pollution that are produced as a result of our civilized society are bad for the earth.  China puts a new coal fired power plant in operation each month and they do not use ANY environmental protocols with regard to the emissions.  The prevailing winds inevitably bring these over to the west coast of the USA bringing pollution advisories and breathing difficulties with them.  Is China bad for wanting the industry that the rest of the world has enjoyed for a hundred years already?  No they are not.  However they should be doing more about controlling the emissions that come out of their powerplants.

Pollution is bad.  Clean air is good.  What in the world is so wrong about finding green alternatives?  A few years back Mother Earth News published an article on how to construct a solar powered steam generator with a parabolic fresnel lens arrangement that followed the sun.  Many households in the southwest USA and other places could get 100 percent of their electrical power from such arrangements.  Ask yourself why this is not being done.  It is because the Oil and Energy companies pay huge sums of money to the people that are supposed to represent the American people to keep this sort of thing under the radar and off the shelves.  It is far past time for the poor people of the world to stand up to the rich corporations that enslave them.  I am all for the oil companies being nationalized for the sake of the world's citizens.  It belongs to all of us, not just the oil companies.  The world's future is being mined and sold by the oil conglomerates.  There is not really any shortage of oil, yet we pay three dollars for a gallon of gas.  Check out the oil company profits for the last quarter and what the CEO's make in bonuses each year and then try to tell me what we pay for gas is fair. **

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!