Forum: Bryce

Subject: OT: Interesting Argument About Global Warming

Analog-X64 opened this issue on Jun 13, 2007 · 52 posts

dvlenk6 posted Fri, 15 June 2007 at 7:34 PM

The oil companies are never going to co-operate with creating a product to put themselves out of business. Any Corp. exec. that even proposed such a thing would immediately be dismissed from his position by the stock holders. Plain as that.

My biggest concern by far is putting the government in control. If you think it is bad now; just let the government step in. You ain't seen nothing yet. I've seen how they work from the inside. It would be the worst case scenario.

I'm in favor of really tough environmental laws. Ones that are enforced, not the crap that is around now.
Greenhouse gasses is far from the worst pollutions threatening the world. It just gets all the hype and publicity because its a political 'hot ticket'. So the real bad ones can slip through unnoticed: bio-toxin & radio-active dumping into the oceans, massive industrial chemical leakage; ground water pollution on epic scale. Don't hear much about the millions of tons going into the oceans every year, do you?
Pollution of ground water supplies is much more threatening to the Earth right now than the little bit of CO2 (in the scheme of things) that goes in to the air. Oil plays a large part in ground water pollution as well; as I said, I not in debt to the oil companies. By-products from the refineries are some of the worse toxins around.
Yes, you need to breathe; but you also need to drink.  (care for a nice icy glass of Toluene?)
There is virtually no regulation to stop any of that, or it is ignored because the fines are far less expensive than the fees for safe disposal.

I think the pseudo-environmentalists are playing "global warming" (or WTF you want to call it) like a harp in political circles and they completely ignore the less publicized and far more serious pollution issues.

Not accusing anyone here of any of this
I'm not looking for trouble with anyone here.

Friends don't let friends use booleans.