Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is postwork a dirty word?

ashley9803 opened this issue on Jun 11, 2007 · 93 posts

cmcc posted Sat, 16 June 2007 at 12:20 AM

some contests don't permit postwork because they mean to measure how well the 3d app ur using works and how well u can use it. they usually don't permit any photography either and it makes sense because their end is to measure how well the app works and what the individual artist can do with it. i remember coming across one artist that was showing her work in a gallery made for poser. it didn't even look like she used any poser at all. there were a bunch of beautiful nude pictures of herself that looked like they were worked in with a lot of adobe work to look like they were made with poser. i evidently wasn't the only one that wondered about her work because some months later i looked at her work and instead of it being in the poser gallery it was in the photo gallery.  poser 5 i think may have used photos for some of its textures and i wonder if they didn't take them out just because they were worried about the phot issue. many people i know when they show their work in the poser gallery at renderosity use photos as backgrounds and textures and do a lot of postwork as well. i certainly can see nothing wrong with it. i do think though u should be creating with the app whose gallery u r exhibbitting in and following their rules of sub mission.

Computer Art by Charles McChesney