Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Whaaaa - lighting problems - round 3. Bryce related

Phuzzie opened this issue on Jun 16, 2007 · 22 posts

Phuzzie posted Sat, 16 June 2007 at 8:42 PM

Hi PJZ,

I am using a combination of point, infinite and spots. My problem is that even if I turn off all the lights except the one infinite light (that is outside the structure) the light still comes through the walls and floor.

If I throw the whole project out and start from scratch, when I first load the content "Level 19" everything works fine. None of the outside (3 default infinite) lights shines into the structure. So if I put the camera inside the building and hit 'render' I get mostly darkness (just like I should). As soon as I add my outside terrain part, all the lights start acting weird. The pic I submitted is all the lights off except for one infinite light outside the structure. I put the hi-rez ball inside the structure just so I could have a glossy surface to see where the lights were coming from. There are no open doors the room is (at least should be) sealed up.

I have reinstalled Poser, I have reinstalled my content and tried to load a fresh copy. I finally started the project over and that is when I noticed that everything went wacky when I load my bryce terrain outside. I have gone to the MAT room and darkened my surface on my terrain (just incase my phantom lights are reflections off the terrain). I have taken a hi-res plane and put it under the structure trying to block the lights out. It doesn't seem to matter what I do. I made the plane HUGE and moved it to various positions trying to block out the light and it makes no difference where I put the silly thing.

So now I am doing a cartoon with Xil and ArtemisX camping outside because of the nasty blue rediation in their hangar. They are grumpy (and they don't know it but they are about to be eaten by space monsters).

So its ok... when life throws you lemons.. make lemonaide

;-)

Phuz