Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Questions about FaceShop

gagnonrich opened this issue on Jun 08, 2007 · 63 posts

leather-guy posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 12:35 PM

"The open moth thingy is easy (well, almost easy):-)
Before you export a head out of Poser or Studio, you open the mouth by twisting dials. Once the mouth is like you want, export the head (see manual or watch-me videos at http://www.abalonellc.com/watchdemovideo.html In FaceShop, use the extra lines to outline both the lower edge of the upper lip and the upper edge of the lower lip.
You'll get the hang of it! Fact, I will post a couple of images here shortly to show the process.
Laslo"

Cool - I hadn't tried importing a head, yet - I've been using the 2 included meshes exclusively.
The smile is the most important element of identification for many characters, and not being able to use smiles has been a problem for me - limits the photos that can be used, too. Thank you for pointing that out.  
Couple Question/suggestions for future updates/features - how about incorporating an optional sham tooth/gum insert in a future update to the program? Just a plain curved strip to cover the existing teeth with that accepts textures - the tooth arrangement and gums are a big part of the distinctive appearance of many people. - The example that springs to mind is the asymmetric teeth of Alyson Hannigan or Terry-Thomas.  I realize work could be done with the existing teeth, but a textured sham would save a lot of time and trouble for the morph-challenged like me.
That, plus an option to generate a plain sham body texture based on averaging the color values in a user selected area of the original photo, would also be a real time-saver!  (I'm thinking, just select a small area on a cheek, neck, or forehead of the photo, and the program averages the color values into a large square that could be used as a basis for a body texture to go with the head texture.)
Plus more extra lines, , , ;-]