Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: CR2 to PZ2 for distributing copyrighted figures (MAT inspired)?

azl opened this issue on May 21, 2001 ยท 18 posts

Jaager posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 1:28 PM

As long as you exclude the actual morphs, props or any other geometry, it should be safe to use and provide no matter how you got there. Transferring data in or cutting it out is pretty much your choice. Pasteing in may be quicker to do though. Thinking out loud... A PZ2-MAT file has to be a cut-n-paste from a CR2 Materials section anyway. It can contain has much or as little of the infromation there as you wish to include? I do not see how any information here can be propriatary. The information that is propriatary is the delta information and any geometry information. If you are doing a cut-n-paste, you leave these out. Poser will automatically save any X/Y/Z rot key data and if you enable it, the name and key data for any morphs in the CR2 that you are saving it from. I suspect that it will include the channels for any props that may be parented to the figure. Unless prop/hair information is something you mean to include, it is best left out. If there are channels' key data that you wish to have in an 'automatic apply' form, it looks as though this can be done. I would like to set the Ztrans for each eye to -0.0005 and now, I think I can cut-n-paste PZ2 to do just this. It looks like any channel can be set by a PZ2 file, not just the rotate and morph channels. Hey, I wounder if scale information can be kept like this? How about a PZ2 that automaticaly scales the head or rescales the hands and feet using tmech's method? There could be a PZ2 for a 5'1" / 5'2" / 5'3" /etc. figure. Most seem to ignore the height of their characters, this could make it a one click option?