Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want critiques?

KarenJ opened this issue on Mar 21, 2007 · 1211 posts

JOELGLAINE posted Wed, 27 June 2007 at 11:09 AM

10 is what we do at Deviant Art, the largest on-line artist thingy going on.  It works bang up there.

IMPORTANT NOTE!: It works ther on INTERNAL notification, NOT E-bot!

You go there and at the top of the site-banner it might say  "3 Deviations (art submissions) 2 comments 1 Note".

NO e-bots!  That would save a lot of Email spamming from everyone and everything, dammit!  It's gotten so bad, I almost don't even follow ANY forum threads any more!  Yes, e-bot CAN be turned off, but it is a pain, ESPECIALLY if you have interest in following certain threads!

I didn't realize how low-hassle DA's system was until I got involved in the same kind of groups here, that I was involved in there and GOT BURIED ALIVE!

Of course this is something that would cause a MAJOR restructuring of Renderosity's whole notification system.

ONE HUGE IMPORTANT TO ASK OF MANAGEMENT HERE: Would internal notification be cheaper than than sending thousands to millions of emails a day?

Those are my thoughts about it.

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!