Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want critiques?

KarenJ opened this issue on Mar 21, 2007 · 1211 posts

Anniebel posted Fri, 29 June 2007 at 3:18 AM

Quote - I prefer forum type interaction.
People whom want critique could post an image to a gallery, and give a link to it in a forum, and describe what it is they may want critique on, if there is anything specific. Also, there's more interaction. Peple may even be able to mark up their comments on a copy of an image...
If a lot of people prefer a forum, perhaps a new forum can be added for critiques. Art theory forum could work too. Most of the critique does tend to be related to art theory, so it wouldn't be all that inappropriate.

With critique forum, I could subscribe to forum, or watrch for new posts, which I'm alreeady in a habit of doing for a number of forums. It's actualy more in sync with how I use most of this site.
Also, it may limit tose whom post an image per day to ask for critique on specific items only.

I get little burned out with commenting on images when I don't know what the individual wants from critique, and also, when I see same issue repeating image after image after image, and no feedback from the member.

Critique for the sake of learning needs to be an interactive, and many times iterative proces. I think forum style interaction lends itself to this much better then galleries.

This would also eliminate the need for favoriting people, keping the list up to date, watching emails, worrying about skewing the art charts, avoiding comercial images, and would eliminate the need to keep membership roster, and people feeling like they are obligated to respond.

Also, most of people whom know about the critique group, know about it because of the forum, so it wouldn't require a big detour in their habits to use a critique or art theory forum.

I agree the majority of what Connie said, these are most of my reasons for wanting a forum.

There have been times when people have made a particular suggestion regarding an image I have posted, & I have PM'd them for more info or to ask what they mean if I haven't understood. I am sure others would benefit from the resulting info gleaned, but as it is, only I see it.

Also because of the size of the group now, I think people are a bit worn out trying to keep up, I know I am. When the group first started the critique comments were quite detailed, but I have noticed lately, they are nothing like they were originally. I think it would be easier to explore an image in better detail in a forum rather than in the gallery.

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store