Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want critiques?

KarenJ opened this issue on Mar 21, 2007 · 1211 posts

Conniekat8 posted Fri, 29 June 2007 at 12:16 PM

As much as I like the idea a critique genre, I'd find it difficult to use with only two genre options :(
Besides, we already have critical and non critical comments toggle switch, and it's rather unnoticed.
Perhaps changing the critical comments welcome into something more obvious, and calling it 'critical comments requested' - with a link to the critique forum.
Perhaps something when someone turns the critique requested switch on, it automatically creates a thread or some sort of a flag or notification in a critique forum, that this member is requesting critique on their piece. A thread for critique, and a link to their image in the gallery.

I'm thinking this will allow members to request critique without losing the opportunity to exhibit their images in other galleries... For example Poser and Pinup, or Vue and Landscape or what not... It seems to be a given that when something is added, if a small part of something else is taken away to make it function, the likelyhood of people getting up in arms only increases ;)

Also, to add to it all, I gather that most of the interest has come from the poser forum, but it may be good to make people from other forums aware of it (those whom perhaps aren't crossing over)

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support