Forum: Photography

Subject: Infrared (IR) Photography Thread

TwoPynts opened this issue on May 04, 2007 · 367 posts

babuci posted Tue, 03 July 2007 at 8:24 PM

@Kort...Would be interesting to see how would a fireworks looks like in IR.  All night I was try to find picture on a web...no luck and I run out of patience. Looking Mike's device with a tiny led light  producing white color only so as one of your street shot where a red light is on while the other version has a nice red color light thou. My guess would be it is depending on a post work what a final IR fireworks shot will looks like.( also which filter been used) Hope you will be able to get some shot, that would be realy unique subject.

I have a few question about camera. I am getting closer to get a camera what will be for IR photography only. I like what you do with your DSC p200. I looking your sample shots here some shot made with a wratten 87 filter some with R72. Do you actualy have two  cameras each set up with a different filter? I like a picture which has some false color still...so I have to go alone with a R72. But on the other hand I am sure I will want some nice blueish toned shot too. Is it possible I can have both effect (separet shot) captured with one camera?  Or  false color has to be R72 modded and a one nice overal tone need to be Wratten 87 modded? Is your R72 filter is in a camera or a screw on filter?
Sorry for a so many question I just want to clear it up, make sure I choose wisely and not stuck up with a camera what I am not realy happy with. 
Thanks for the IRTIST link, neat community there, good to see a forum just for IR, very usefull place.

seeya  Tunde