Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Advice on V4 Character

Iuvenis_Scriptor opened this issue on Jul 06, 2007 · 168 posts

ClawShrimp posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 4:59 AM

I'll be blunt, but hopefully unoffensive: This looks incredibly remeniscent of your previous attempt at a sell-able V4 character.

The morph is far too similar to default V4, to the point where unless they were side-by-side, I'd swear this WAS default V4. The trademark wide eyes and pin nose are there in all their glory. The same goes for the body.

Your texture is ok for personal use, but as mentioned above looks very flat, and in my opinion lo-res (particularly the eyes). It really looks as though a sub-par photo has been pasted onto the UV map, with very little gone into advanced shader options. Take a look at FaceOff's work (even on the included V4 texture); or for something really incredibly look at BagginsBill's great Apollo shader. I'm not saying copy them, but at least learn from what they've achieved.

Ultimately if you want to sell this character it has to at least be of the same quality as other vendor's work (your competitors, if you will). A unique morph and a quality texture are paramount.

Your concept is sound, but your 'product' doesn't reflect it.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!