Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Advice on V4 Character

Iuvenis_Scriptor opened this issue on Jul 06, 2007 ยท 168 posts

Acadia posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 1:47 PM

Quote - **Iuvenis_Scriptor - I actually think your comparison here is a good one for two reasons:

1 - Aside from the skin texture only slight modifications to the face seem to have been made. I understand your reasons for not wanting to go too far with the morphs but remember that when people are willing to part with hard earned money they want to see something different, something real. I doubt they'd want a morph that seems to have been made with just a couple of dial turns.**

I agree with that. I haven't used V4 so I haven't paid much attention to what she looks like "out of the box", but with that side-by-side comparison I can certainly see that there isn't much difference between the 2 at all. Perhaps a bit in the eyes and a wee bit in the nose but other than that they look the same. I know when I beta test a character package for someone, or buy one, and I see that the face and body are hardly changed at all from default, I am grossly disappointed.

When I buy a character addon I want it to change the base figure into something that looks unique and different from the base figure. If I wanted "base Vicky", all I would do is apply a texture. I don't need to spend any more money to do that because there are gads of textures in my runtime and even more in the MP's and free around the poser community.

I think you need to do a whole lot more dial turning there :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi