Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Advice on V4 Character

Iuvenis_Scriptor opened this issue on Jul 06, 2007 · 168 posts

Acadia posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 2:51 PM

You say you changed a number of morphs, but the results don't reflect that. The changes are too subtle...minimal...hardly noticeable.

What I would personally suggest is that you change your  focus. Instead of focusing on trying to create a character to sell at Daz, I would work on trying to create a character, period!

Character creation isn't an overnight study. It takes months and even years of practice  to create a really good character and texture.  You can look in the MP here and see who is "novice" and decided they wanted to get poser to make some quick money and put up a store with their very first creations, and those who have dedicated themselves to the craft and worked for months and months to perfect it.

I suggest you look through magazines or on the net  for pictures of pretty women and practice recreating them in Poser.  Take pictures of your friends and family and try and recreate them in Poser. This way you have an image to work from and a set goal that you need to achieve IE: "I need V4 to look like my Aunty June"

The best way to create anything is to have an actual finished image in your head about what you want to achieve.

You seem hesitant to change V4 beyond a certain degree.  Turn those dials, work those features.  Put a picture of V4 on a flat square in the material room and have it sitting beside the figure you are working on.  Look at the V4 picture and do something different...extreme. Don't just change the facial features, adjust the head, the cheeks, ears.... just turn those dials more than a couple of degrees.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi