Forum: Community Center

Subject: Free Stuff out of Control

kalon opened this issue on Jun 28, 2007 · 104 posts

tping posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 9:08 PM

Folks, the pointless bickering about a simple subject is well...pointless. The issues are not complicated:

There is a "limit" on uploads - it has not been enforced in some areas. Moderator issue.
         There are some EULA violations - must be dealt with appropriately. Moderator issue.
         There is a lack of communication between moderators of different areas. Moderator    issue.

All the different threads distill down to the moderators needing to address enforcement of site policies, which they have indicated is being done. Once a problem has been brought to the attention of the designated moderators it needs to be left alone for them to handle. Repetitively rehashing the same points is an exercise in futility and only engenders hostility.

My opinion on copyright infringement and flooding a site with "tons o' crap" is fairly clearly stated in the ShareCG forum under "Open Discussion" thread "Site Issues". The greed of some and the childishness of others is making me consider putting both sites on MY banned list. I have opted to refrain from uploading anything further unless the issues are resolved on both sites. I am a proponent of packaging items where applicable as the pittance generated by ShareCG views isn't worth the animosity being generated by multiple uploads of similar items. 

The best way to avoid any question of EULA violations is to ONLY UPLOAD YOUR OWN CREATIONS. If your are using someone else's material you can not ethically sell derivatives unless you have their WRITTEN permission to do so.