Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want critiques?

KarenJ opened this issue on Mar 21, 2007 ยท 1211 posts

alanpfd posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 10:59 PM

Hi all, I just wanted to say that I am still involved in the critique group, but my participation is very limited due to interference from that pesky real life. I've been very pleased with the feedback I've received on my own images, but as I've viewed others I've noticed that critical comments have kind of faded away. When I was participating more actively I was examining images very closely, looking for areas that could be improved. It was a time-consuming, but enjoyable process. Recently I've seen very few comments of that sort. Has it just been too much trouble to critique images or has there been a negative reaction to criticism? A couple of random observations: -I find it difficult to critique images that already have several pages of comments. You have to read through the previous comments to see if your point has already been made and often that just takes too much time. -There are artists who work in genres that just don't connect with me. Their work may be technically fine, but it just doesn't appeal to me. So I've turned off notification to help keep my ebot population under control. -I've been working with my new camera, trying to get it under control. I posted a few images to the Photography gallery and found it is a lonely world over there. In the Poser gallery you expect to get 200-300 views in the first 24 hours (and another 100 if you've flagged nudity ;-)), but in Photography, a typical image seems to get 20-40 views ever. My only wish, which I've voiced before, is that revising an image based on the feedback it receives could trigger an ebot. I think this would make the criticism process more of a dialogue, without cluttering your personal gallery with multiple versions of the same image. -Alan