Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want critiques?

KarenJ opened this issue on Mar 21, 2007 · 1211 posts

ArtPearl posted Tue, 10 July 2007 at 1:14 PM

I  feel like an echo again - everything jjroland said - me too.
However can I just add - I appologize to those I rarely/never comment on. If  the image doesnt speak to me at all, if I think they didnt listen to critics before, if they post so frequently I cant keep up, if they already have lots of comments,  if they havnt commented on my images ever - these are some of my reasons not to comment.

I never mean  not commenting (and for that matter, the comments I do leave) as a judgement on the person. I dont even think that aiming at  being a better artist is such a superior reason for posting or critiquing. If you(or me)  do it because there is  nothing better on TV, to escape the kids for a bit, to find something to do all this hours freed upon retirment, a physical or emotional therapy - who says that's any less than 'improve as an artist' ? So I just try not to preatch too much...:)

If you feel left out because it look like 'cliques' are developing - I'll confess to taht a bit. I have found a small group of people whose work I really like, whose comments are very enlightening, and who I like to talk to. I'll comment on their postings first. Guilty as charged. I look/comment on other/newer members posts, but if I dont find their work inspiring a comment, they probably wont find mine interesting either, so where is the problem? Find/form your own clique! Its a good thing!

I never objected to a forum for discussing critic group posts. With a less pompous title it will work fine. However, mostly I dont want long discussions on my images. Just what you feel/think when you see it. So gallery comments are still better for me. An AUTOMATICLLY generated link between the two would make it realy usefull.
I still would like multiple gallery assignments (Poser&critique) and or multiple genres. I am not giving up my current gallery/genre selection for a critique classification.
Sorry - too long a post. Blame the length of this 'final' render for may next post...
I'll shut up for awhile again

"I paint that which comes from the imagination or from dreams, or from an unconscious drive. I photograph the things that I do not wish to paint, the things which already have an existence."
Man Ray, modernist painter
http://artpearl.redbubble.com/