Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want critiques?

KarenJ opened this issue on Mar 21, 2007 · 1211 posts

Conniekat8 posted Tue, 10 July 2007 at 6:03 PM

"The only real complaint that I have about anything to do with the critique group is, the fact that when I have been given negative comments about something that I do not know how to correct, I ask the person how to you fix it or how do you prevent that?  99% of the time I get the answer of "I don't know."  It kinda bugs me to get a negative critique and then the person not even know how to correct it when you ask.  shrugs doesn't help out too much.  "

I agree with you there. Those kind of comments are more like unhelpful judgements then constructive critique - of the type that helps each other grow. 

Sidney said : "Some of the people I get critiques from ALWAYS give me great revues wether they are negative or not.  They are usually the ones who write a small novella for thier response, those are the critiques I love.  I have been an art student for going on 7 years now (no smart ass comments please lol)  acting as both a student and also an assistant.  The best critiques I have ever received, the person takes the time to not only tell me exactly what they do or don't like but also tell me how they see how it  can improve upon it.  Thats what a Critique is about, informing the person on what is good or bad and then giving them your insight about how it can be further improved.  It is then the Artists responsibility to take those comments and decide which of the comments coincide with thier vision and which ones don't.  Usually in these cases if the person is given an informative critique they are more likely to consider the changes and improvements suggested."

YES YES YES, so well said... I just had to highlight it!

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support