Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Unbelievably Complicated Figure Shader for Apollo Maximus (AMUCFS)

bagginsbill opened this issue on Jun 29, 2007 · 236 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 11 July 2007 at 2:22 PM

Sorry but I do not believe you. You're saying that in the skin material zones you have a simple shader with an Image_Map like everybody uses? This is not possible.

Before you try anything else, you should select this apollo, go into the material room, and save his current settings as a new material collection. This is for two reasons. First, so we can get it back and see what's going on. Second, because that's kind of a cool cartoony shader!

When you said you "select the Ashok texture", are you talking about a material collection, a mat pose file (a normal one), or is it a fancy mat pose file that runs a python script. If it is the latter, it may be that it did not remove my shader, but merely replaced some texture file names.

The most certain way to get your entire set of shaders back is to

a) Load a brand new apollo, apply the Ashok stuff you did in the past, and save the result as a new material collection.

or 

b) Load some other scene where you know the figure has the right shaders. Save the shaders as a new material collection.

Then - open your current project, select apollo, and apply the material collection you just saved.

Also, to remove the Parmatic dials, select Apollo and run the Parmatic Delete Parameters script.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)