Forum: Carrara

Subject: Carrara 6 coming soon

sigmadog opened this issue on Jul 10, 2007 · 17 posts

sfdex posted Thu, 12 July 2007 at 6:12 PM

Moogal -- I don't know the answer to your question at all.  I'm not too clear on how Daz works with software.  If you find anything out, please post here!

I, too, have been with this program since it's early days -- RayDream designer (and I also worked with Infini-D).  It's a great piece of software; I just wish it would get the respect it deserves.  Folks doing professional work with it are helping, but now that it's in Daz's hands, I wonder how it will continue to be received by the professional community.  Not intending a slam against Daz, but they do, for the most part, cater to hobbyists.  And while Carrara is a great hobbyist program, it's capable of so much more.

So, we'll see what happens with C6.  I'm happy with the feature set of C5P and hope that they add some more professional elements (the aforementioned AfterEffects integration with multipass rendering would be AWESOME).  Knowing that they're adding Daz Studio integration doesn't give me much hope for the more pro side of it all, though.  

- Dex