Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Faceshop Pro

HeRe opened this issue on Jun 07, 2007 ยท 277 posts

Ironbear posted Sat, 14 July 2007 at 12:15 PM

Quote - I reckon I have another 50 or so years to go before I start suffering the terrible and depressing symptoms of that disease.

That leaves less flattering excuses for your behavior, then. ;] > Quote - None of the examples given above are marketed as lookeylikeys.

When in doubt, hairsplit innaccurately? :) They're recognizeably "lookeylikeys" - celebrity lookalikes - wether they're labeled as such or not. You sell them, you provide advertising services for them - vendors banners, peripheral benefits of Renderosity marketing, front page exposure, newsletter exposure - you market them. As a brokerage, you market them on consignment in exchange for a percentage of revenue. > Quote - Some of the advertising copy states that they are inspired by "celebrities".

Gives the RMP a loophole for profiting off of Jeri Ryan's and Michelle Pfeiffer's likenesses without actually acknowledging that you're doing so up front. > Quote - All of them have been run past the marketplace admins and found acceptable.

Which is Rendo corpospeak for: "We think our transparent 'inspired by' dodge covers us legally from liability if Jeri Ryan happens to notice" and "The decision was made above me so I'm not to blame". snicker - - - - - -

You made a blatantly false statement. And got called on it, with examples that it was false. Next you'll lock the thread rather than choke out a simple "It's possible I was mistaken"? ;)

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"