Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Posette family tree?

hdaggers opened this issue on Jul 16, 2007 · 52 posts

SamTherapy posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 12:37 PM

Mike 1 and 2 and the original Stephanie are all the same base mesh.  Mike 2 is Mike 1 with a lot more morphs.

Victoria 1 and 2 are the same mesh, 2 having more morphs.  No increase in resolution, WP.

I have heard that V1 is an optimized version of Posette but have never seen any evidence for this.

Victoria 3 is derived from V2 with a higher density mesh and different joints.  Some people dispute this (the origin of the mesh, that is)  but I have seen good evidence to support the claim.

Victoria 4 is a derivative of Victoria 3 with improved joints.

Mike 3, Aiko 3, Stephanie 3 and almost every model DAZ released after V3 are derived from the V3 mesh, or Unimesh as it's also known.

Judy, the P5 female is supposedly a new mesh but looks in many ways like a f****d up Posette and also takes V2 textures.  That said, a lot of Japanese Poser artists and modellers have turned her into something almost human.

The P6 and beyond figures, weeeelllll... I wouldn't use 'em unless you paid me.

Anton's Apollo Max is IMO the best Poser Figure bar none.  Even if he has got a ridiculously tiny willy.  :D

Disclaimer:  All of the above statements are entirely the author's and do not necessarily represent the feelings of the Poser community as a whole (although I bet they do).  No animals were harmed during the making of this post.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery