Forum: Photography

Subject: Why is it?

PeeWee05 opened this issue on Jul 15, 2007 ยท 26 posts

girsempa posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 3:10 PM

It's strange, because I noticed something:
Not so long ago (last year), in the 'good old days', the number of artists online fluctuated between 1600 and 2400.
Now, in spite of the 'calm summer period', the number of artists online goes from 3600 to 4500... that's about the double.
And yet there are less views..? Could this indicate a change in attitude..?
More artists online and yet less views... certainly something to ponder about...

I also noticed something else... a dramatic and steady drop of artistic quality in the photography gallery... and the few noteworthy images aren't being noticed or recognised as such... maybe that has something to do with it..? Let's face it, apart from the overpowering 'buddy visits', the photography gallery has lost much of its appeal to any serious lover of fine and creative art. As for me, I can only find a handful of images a week that are both (moderately) creative and decently photographed... if I'm lucky. That's not much to attract interested visitors.

Another thread, started by Kort, mentioned that the activity in the photography forum has dropped dramatically. Speaking for myself, I can only say that I spend much less time on Rendo than I used to... simply because I don't find it that much interesting, attractive or inspiring anymore. And I know, and we all know, that there are a lot like me...

We do not see things as they are. ǝɹɐ ǝʍ sɐ sƃuıɥʇ ǝǝs ǝʍ