Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Faceshop Pro thread closed by staff after degenerating into a flamefest

laslov opened this issue on Jul 17, 2007 · 310 posts

Conniekat8 posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 11:36 PM

Quote - > Quote - I just read the last two pages. No wonder it's closed to new posts.

Nit-picking and hair-spliting never achieves much IMO.

Still, it seems to me that one should eliminate the offending comments and not the entire thread with all the good info in it.
It just doesn't make sense.
If someone post something that is against the rules (or good taste), it should not cause dozens of other people to suffer the consequences as a collective punishment, ne ces't pais?
Again, the thread had great art and good info. How will people access these?
Laslo

I have to disagree with you there. The thread still exists, it's just been closed to new posts, so people woud hopefully get the message and stop the mudslinging. People can still find it and read it, so the info has not been lost. Anyone wanting info on faceshop can find the thread (search for the info)
You didn't expect the thread to stay on the front page forever, did you?
Yes, personal attacks, mudslinging and pointless argumentative combativeness is against the terms of service here, AFAIK. So if you have a high interest in your cause or product being promoted, you'll have to rise to the occasion and do it in a civil manner.
I'm sure you already know it's a really good business and PR practice to not get into mudslinging, right? Even this thread, you started in a rather combative manner. It's not going to get you very far.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support