Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Faceshop Pro thread closed by staff after degenerating into a flamefest

laslov opened this issue on Jul 17, 2007 · 310 posts

byAnton posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 1:08 AM

Some comments might have been removed. I see a few specific people going at it on page nine. I have seen worse go on much longer and much harsher. We all have.

I think the problem in the forums has many heads; with a stacking effect. Now I do understand and advocate free speech. I also understand the need for rules, but the intrigues and sematics have never been effective. 

There are many great moderators and admins for sure, some seldom seen. I appreciate locking a thread is a quick fix, but why is the clone, thread spammers, and troll crowd being indulged for these many years? It has occassionally seemed they are indulged when their postings are deemed "useful".

I do understand some find these people  intimidating for fear of being mass trolled. But perhaps consistently dealing specifically with the clone accounts, trolls, and mentally ill that only post for the controversy and giggle factor might be a better long term solution.

I just don't understand why some threads can go on for days and pages with threats, insults, etc etc and some are quickly snapped shut, not that this one was. I speak generally and not neccesarily specifcally about the FacePro thread.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....