Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Faceshop Pro thread closed by staff after degenerating into a flamefest

laslov opened this issue on Jul 17, 2007 · 310 posts

urbanarmitage posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 3:06 AM

Ok guys, there are always two sides to every situation. I think it is great that you mods leave threads open after they have been locked so that we can still read them and benefit from the information they contain.

I do however also clearly see laslov's point here. Effectively when one or two (or ten) people come along and start derailing a thread or posting questionable or downright antagonistic and rude material there is obviously a problem.

The thing is though that when a thread is locked for this reason it kind of sucks because it destroys the flow and merit of the discussion that was taking place originally. It also prevents the discussion from ever continuing or evolving within the bounds or its original context.

Normally I suppose this isn't a huge problem but think of the threads that are started to discuss technical problems or techniques. They become very broken and disjointed and people end up having to scour the forums to get the complete picture or information they are after.

As per usual, just my $50 (damned inflation 😉 )