Forum: Community Center

Subject: Has your rosity email been lifted by spammers?

prodev opened this issue on Jul 08, 2007 · 411 posts

vince3 posted Thu, 19 July 2007 at 6:37 PM

well that puts an interesting twist in there, because if this was your first forum post, but you were getting spam from recieving faves and marketplace (is that when one of your fave vendors uploads a new product?)  e-bots, then it makes it more surprising that more members haven't appeared in the threads about this, as an e-bot that is notifying members that a vendor has uploaded or an artist has uploaded something would be being directed towards more members than a particular forum thread ever would, as you only tend to see about 20 members in each thread at any time, but a popular vendor or artist would be maybe in the hundreds.

if that were the case then i think that that would indicate that it is not directly coming from renderosity, as it would affect all members that were being notified, but if all members that are being notified are not being affected by these scam spams, then that would indicate that it is being picked up somewhere along the route.

i would go as far as to say that you could illiminate renderosity's server and the first point at which all their outgoing traffic is re-routed, if either of those were affected then all notified members would get all the spam, so at a minimum it would have to be one of the next routers, which has already lost some of the outgoing e-bots, that would explain why some get it and some don't, the further down those routers you come the less people would get it and more wouldn't get it.

that's my opinion anyway.

good luck with the fishin'!! 

Dances told me that you down under lot are gonna want summer back soon, but to be fair it hasn'r really started working up here yet, just keeps raining, so we might not send it back to you guys for a while yet!

are you fishing for flies? or using flies to catch fish?