Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Faceshop Pro thread closed by staff after degenerating into a flamefest

laslov opened this issue on Jul 17, 2007 · 310 posts

Penguinisto posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 2:48 PM

Quote -  When around 95% of someone's posts on a board are nothing more than swipes directed at that board and its policies...

Did it ever occur to you that it may be because they happen to care about the 3D/CG hobbyist community, and would like to see it survive for longer than it would otherwise take to drown in a morass of medicrity and self-generating drama?

I'll be straight-up with you here.

The only reason I bother is because 10 years from now, I'd still like to be able to pop open a small modeler, compositor, what-have-you, and still be able to find stuff to use in it. Rendo happens to be (for now) the biggest focus of folks who do the low-budget hobbyist thing.If it dies, I can see a huge chunk (if not the majority) of the hobbyist community's continued growth die with it.

If someone doesn't keep a given business honest (esp. when there is a history showing a rampant lack thereof), then said business has a nasty habit of screwing themselves over in the long-term as they begin to fall for their own hype. The result harms everyone else far more in the end.

If I didn't care, I wouldn't bother. I'd happily sit back and watch as the place slowly drowned in its own hubris. And this is coming from a guy who once absolutely LOVED to seek out and give the self-righteous among us a nice swift kick in the ego...

Besides, it beats 95% of the posts being naught but mindless flattery and corporate brown-nosing, ne? ;)

PS: This one is frighteningly close to what I see in these fora lately... http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/cybersisters.htm

/P