Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Faceshop Pro thread closed by staff after degenerating into a flamefest

laslov opened this issue on Jul 17, 2007 ยท 310 posts

Penguinisto posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 8:45 PM

Quote - So, you go from one extreme to another? From kicking the self righteous to being one?

Just explaining my position on the matter - nothing more, nothing less. > Quote - I seriously doubt that rendo will screw up so badly to drive away it's customer base. I don't get the vibe it's run by stupid people.

Former: the current base? In fits and starts if they ever get back to doing some of the stunts they pulled in, say 2002-2003. Future base? Depends on what they want: artists or consumers. Latter: Stupid? No. Lacking strategic foresight? Probably. Turning CG Hobbydom into one great big flea market in the name of profit? Certainly. Those are the vibes one cannot help but notice. > Quote - But even if it self destructs (which IMO is yet another extreme that has a very miniscule chance of happening), someone else business savvy will jump in and create another place just like it. Heck, there are already places a lot like it... RDNA, 3d commune and few others.

No, I don't fortell any explosions; just a long, slow, lingering death that threatens to drag 3D hobbyists right along with 'em. Of course, this doesn't include the risks of angering the wrong people with regards to copyright... After all, Rendo's a nice, fat lawsuit target for at least half a dozen celebrities and/or corporations if their managers happen to notice the eerily-close likenesses of a large number of items up for sale in the RMP. (...so is DAZ, but they don't present as easy of a target). Other sites? Sure - DAZ owns the freest one around, PoserPros. OTOH, The politics and drama that spawned PP is not likely to attract as much. DAZ itself is a store with forums. RDNA is a store with forums. 3DCommune is basically a protest site from the days of Grey and Willow. Renderotica is by necessity kinda limited in the folks they attract and keep. Rendo is a store that once was a community, and to this day pretends to carry one as its top priority. HTH, /P