Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Faceshop Pro thread closed by staff after degenerating into a flamefest

laslov opened this issue on Jul 17, 2007 · 310 posts

Penguinisto posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 8:56 PM

Quote - And you run a business in so doing.  Not an ideology.

If they're a business, why do they make pretense at being a community? Conversely, why should a business not have at least some sort of ideological compass? Google does okay with one ("Don't Be Evil") and it hasn't hurt them any. > Quote - Besides -- why should I squander my time in viciously attacking...

Oh, while we're at it, let's stop that thought for a moment. You do remember what all you were doing over at PPros' Chicken Coop all that time, right? Not an accusation, just injecting perspective. > Quote - I don't see it as being my self-appointed "job" to "keep 'em honest"

You enjoy being lied to and ripped off when/as it occurs, then. If Rendo, is --by your own statement-- truly a business, what gives them any of the special dispensations that one would normally allow for individuals, let alone communities? > Quote - The admins here listen, and respond to the community's desires. 

...so long as it doesn't embarrass them too greatly, or show where they've blatantly hosed things up, that is. You've seen an outright admission by a mod that they edit individuals' posts. I've seen posts and entire threads evaporated that concerned serious issues that were never addressed... no, not petty bickering, and not "imagined" concerns, but base violations of business ethics. Little wonder that the relative newbies about the place can naively state that there's nothing wrong, eh? See No Evil... and all that. ;) /P