Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Been there already

Morgano opened this issue on Jul 21, 2007 · 85 posts

ed1111 posted Sun, 22 July 2007 at 1:24 PM

Interesting topic. I, having spent probably WAY too much time reading forums, have  been mildly frustrated trying to find a potential answer to my question. for the record, I do make an
effort to search thoroughly but while doing so come across what seems like several
variations of: "can anybody HELP me?" or "newbie with question...".  the result being my 
having to spend hours poring through irrelevant posts to find an answer. I suspect some who
post a question (that may or may not have been answered already) give up after spending a lengthy amount of time digging through the forums and go ahead and post.
         This in itself can add to the problem,however, by submitting a question already
answered. therefore making the forums painfully and unecessarily lengthy.

Having said that-and I believe I've mentioned this before-It is equally frustrating when I post a question and the respondent well meaningly gives an answer that is the equivalent of giving a blind person a book to read. It is my opinion that one should safely assume the OP knows the very basics of the subject, unless the OP states otherwise, therefore saving each others'
time. I am always grateful (and let it be known ) for any responses I receive, whether helpful or not. but by following the above example,  perhaps everyone can benefit.
my two(and a half) cents.........    Ed