Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Been there already

Morgano opened this issue on Jul 21, 2007 · 85 posts

lkendall posted Sun, 22 July 2007 at 9:54 PM

7/22/07

I had thought to skip this thread, but it keeps coming back to the top of the messages.

I have from time to time received irked replies in this forum to questions or statements not intended to annoy. But as one who has stood on the other side of the Great Wall of Silent Stone, getting flamed, lectured, or scolded is much better than being ignored. Many forums either do not generate enough traffic for anyone to notice a question, or newcomers are simply neglected. Getting answers, regardless of the tone of some posts, is the best of all possible outcomes of a thread. Most posts here will get a response, and if there is unfair bullying, some one will step in to defend the poster, maybe even the poster her/himself.

I know of no other Poser forum that generates the traffic of this board, or the density of useful answers. Almost all of the content providers, most knowledgeable Poser gurus, and even the folks from E-Frontier and Content Paradise stop in here. Renderosity doesn’t even charge admission. Oh, and if you are trying to be clever in what you post, or you write in long and twisted sentences, put in a smiley or two, I am told they help, (You had better smile when you say that, stranger!).

On another subject mentioned in this thread, the FAQ is linked at the top of this page and the link works for me.

'Baselius' is Greek for king. Seeing that many of Alexander the Great's generals became kings of his divided empire after his death, I can see why his generals might have taken that title.

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.