Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Faceshop Pro thread closed by staff after degenerating into a flamefest

laslov opened this issue on Jul 17, 2007 · 310 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 5:41 PM

Quote - ...ok now, let´s look back a little Xenophonz.  The subject matter of this thread is the closing of another thread because it degenerated into a flamefest.

And so now this thread has dengenerated into something useful.  Good job, by my lights.

Topic drift does a lot to redeem otherwise sour threads.  Like this one would have become -- if not for the timely intervention of useful cat-picture posters.

I'll fight where I perceive that there's a reason.  But there's absolutely no reason to fight with people who are doing nothing worse than having a good time among themselves.

Quote - I found  that interesting and decided to "open & peruse the thread" and read from Karen, the moderator, that she locked the thread because the posts degenerated into becoming useless.  My point was that this thread has pretty much gone the same way. 

No, this thread hasn't "gone the same way".  The tone of the other thread was 100% negative......and some of us do what we can to oppose negativity -- occasionally by helpfully pointing out the inherent flaws of the negatives.

But of course.......this thread could always swing negative again, if some have a desire to try to steer it that way.  But if they do: they'd best not expect to do so without any resultant discomfort to themselves.

Mods help out by locking threads that have become useless.  And kudos to them for doing their jobs.

Something To Do At 3:00AM